Saturday, September 11, 2010

Tau Fire Warriors Painted With Washes





Since I was happy with the previous tau painting test, I thought, why not try one more painting test. This time I used the all wash method, much like the kroot. I think I may have found a way to paint my stealth suits. What do you think? Should I maybe paint my fire warriors this way anyway?

The recipe is dirt simple.

  • Black wash for armor plates
  • Purple wash for head
  • Blue wash for cloth
  • Boltgun metel stippled on afterwards.

7 comments:

  1. Actually, this isn't a bad look. Very subdued colors, like a veteran would prefer. I like this one best so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does come off as a little dark but looks really good overall. this really was just washes over a white primer? the stippled metal areas look really good

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really just two layers of washes over white primer. I used a blister pack sponge to do the battle damage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. fantastic, color-wise I like your red/orange guys better, but you can't beat the simplicity and results of this guy. other than drying time he must have been pretty quick to finish?

    ReplyDelete
  5. this guy might have taken 15 minutes total time. Batch painting will seriously reduce the time it takes to paint them. I think I am going to stick with the red and orange for vehicles and most of the fire warriors, but use this color scheme for stealth suits, pathfinders, and my sniper team.

    ReplyDelete
  6. He looks great, I may have to borrow this for my eventual chaos force.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love wash only paint jobs. Have done a number myself. I was guessing a grey undercoat, but great job regardless!

    ReplyDelete