Monday, February 21, 2011

BA TERMINATORS WIP 1







My latest painting spree has lead me to a new recipe for red. Basically I followed the same path as with my librarian, but with earth tones. The recipe might seem complex, but basically I just keep adding color into the air brush pot as I go along, which is why there are so many mixtures listed below. This is all about laziness, since I don't like cleaning the air brush once I am in a painting groove.

  1. Air brush dark flesh leaving some areas black
  2. Air brush dark flesh + gore red
  3. Air brush gore red
  4. Air brush blood red
  5. Air brush blood red + blazing orange
  6. Air brush blazing orange
  7. Air brush 50/50 baal red + water
The next step is to mix acrylic thinner + flow aid, and darkflesh+chaos black into a solution to darken up the recesses.

The really nice thing about the flow aid, is that it keeps the pigment from bleeding out along the areas being lined. It also dries slowly, so over paint can be easily wiped off with a damp brush.


Ron, if you are reading this, I want you to know how much your site has meant to me. I have already hit up your new 'less is more' blog and am looking forward to your posts! The Armageddon project is pretty big, and I am looking forward to working with you again.

No comments:

Post a Comment