Monday, April 11, 2011

Mephiston WIP2





I have not applied dull coat, and I committed the terrible miniature photo taking faux pas by using a flash camera instead of my light booth, but still I could not resist putting up shots of my new Mephiston model. I am really happy with how he turned out. I used an air brush, followed by a lot of targeted washes and highlighting. The washes left him a little shiny, but that will be dealt with in time. I am painting this army in sort of coarse brush strokes, and plan to come back for rebasing as necessary for the display board, and weathering.

I am not sure how it is possible, but I lost mephiston's backpack, which means he will end up with a pre-heresy backpack of some type. I added a shot of asteroth because as I was painting mephiston it was fun to see how all of the details carried over.

No comments:

Post a Comment