Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Emperors Children Color Test




I had a bad day at work. Usually that means I am not in a very good mood when I get home, and I can't enter the kind of painting zen necessary for painting to be fun. Knowing this, I decided to grab an old twice painted miniature and just test out a potential purple color scheme for my ECS. Why not do the low stress version of painting. I know that if I tried a color test on one of my forgeworld moldels I would have been worried about the outcome.

On this mini everything besides the purple was splashed on, just to see how it would contrast color wise. I didn't even bother to paint the storm shield, and the thunder hammer is just washed boltgun metal. I think the miniature served its purpose though. I think I need my ECS to start with more of a blacker navy blue base.

What do you think? Keep experimenting with purple, push the highlights, or accept this as is?

4 comments:

  1. I like the colour you have achieved here. I would proabbly do one layer of extreme highlighting now just to really define the model and make everything pop. just my thoughts though....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great so far, but push the highlights for sure. Purple is a surprisingly hard color to make pop. However it is a very forgiving color to paint - not like red or yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it as it is to be honest, although a highlight would make it better

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you tired of being human, having talented brain turning to a vampire in a good posture in ten minutes, Do you want to have power and influence over others, To be charming and desirable, To have wealth, health, without delaying in a good human posture and becoming an immortal? If yes, these your chance. It's a world of vampire where life get easier,We have made so many persons vampires and have turned them rich, You will assured long life and prosperity, You shall be made to be very sensitive to mental alertness, Stronger and also very fast, You will not be restricted to walking at night only even at the very middle of broad day light you will be made to walk, This is an opportunity to have the human vampire virus to perform in a good posture. If you are interested contact us on Vampirelord7878@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete