Friday, April 8, 2016

Caestus Assault Ram WIP 1







It has been an incredibly stressful, but very good week for my family. April was a month filled with closure. To reward myself, I grabbed a Caestus Assault Ram which I had been hoarding for years in my forgworld drawer of shame. The is still quite a bit of stuff to paint on this beast. The biggest decision right now is what color to paint the missile pods. I was thinking of adding red, but that may be a bit too much. The missile tips themselves could be red if the housing were not. In any event, I am looking forward to adding smoke stains out the back of the missile pods, where the blast would vent that might necessitate a lighter color like off-white.

I should add, that as an eBay purchase, this model was fairly disappointing. Virtually nothing fit together right during construction. I don't remember my last Caestus being this far out of square.

4 comments:

  1. Glad things are looking up John. Very excited to see you working on this model. The modulation looks absolutely stunning on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear things are clearing up on the Real Life(tm) front. That Caestus looks great! I hear ya on the build woes, the one I'd picked up was all sorts of wonky. Took ages with boiling water and a hair dryer to get it sorted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear the April woes are passed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fingers crossed things keep going onwards and upwards for you.
    The ram looks stunning. Really great work.

    ReplyDelete